I am now 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby and have found that I am not gaining weight like I did when I was pregnant with my son. With this little girl I am weighing in anywhere between 10-15lbs lighter than this exact same time with my son.
There are five main reasons that I believe are playing a role in my healthier weight gain this pregnancy:
1) Less Fast Food: After doing research on food preparation at local fast food places I decided it wasn't the food to be eating. This also means much less soda intake.
2) Cravings: During my first pregnancy I craved burgers but this time I have a meat aversion. I can eat sandwiches, turkey, and chicken most of the time but hamburger, steak, etc are for the most part out of the picture.
3) Being A Stay At Home Mom: I worked full time during my first pregnancy and ate out to lunch all the time. Now that I am a stay at home mom I am finding things to make around the house that are cheaper and healthier.
4) Chasing After A Toddler: With my first pregnancy I sat at a desk all day and wasn't getting much exercise but this time I am chasing after a toddler. Dancing, running, walking, going up and down the stairs actually adds up to a decent amount of exercise!
5) Better Shopping: With a toddler in the house I find myself eating more simple foods as well as fruits and vegetables because we both eat them. I have also done meal planning which has helped with the budget and the waist line!