When it came time for me to get groceries I realized it would be a challenge to do by myself with a toddler and a newborn. I brainstormed the different ways I could pull it off and came up with these 7 options:
1. Toddler in the shopping cart seat, Newborn in car seat in the cart.
2. Toddler in the shopping cart seat, Newborn in a sling.
3. Toddler in the shopping cart seat, Newborn in a wrap.
4. Newborn in car seat in the shopping cart seat, Toddler on a leash.
5. One child
6. No children
7. Shop online and get it delivered.
I tried a couple of these and will post my experiences over the next few weeks. Some were just so bad they were comical.
It is important to note that most grocery stores now have billboard ads or a cup holder strategically placed on the back of the toddler seat to prevent a car seat from being able to click into place. This is because putting a car seat on the toddler seat is no longer recommended due to safety concerns.